Dual-mass flywheel (DMF) LuK
Higher torque levels, greater ignition pressures, and stricter emissions controls are causing ever greater rotational irregularities in today's engines, and thus higher levels of vibration in the powertrain. Higher demands on comfort and quiet as well as greater measures to protect the transmission all require extremely efficient torsional vibration dampers
- Lower fuel consumption due to lower rpm levels when idling and easy operation in low rpm ranges
- Lower shifting forces, i.e. greater comfort due to reduced inertia of clutch discs without torsional dampers
- Good driving comfort thanks to strong vibrational damping for sudden load changes
- Quieter thanks to optimum decoupling of vibrations throughout the entire rpm range
- Smooth start/stop performance
The DMF features a multi-stage characteristic curve. The first stage uses soft springs to ensure outstanding engine starting and stopping performance. The second stage has firmer springs to provide superb decoupling of torsional vibrations during normal driving operations.